Here at Southgate Animal Hospital, we don’t just see dogs and cats… in fact, we welcome all sorts of pets!
The following is a list of pets we see:
- This includes all small and large parrots, and other pet birds, for health care, as well as routine maintenance of wings, beaks, and nails
- We welcome non-venomous snakes, lizards, and more
- We see frogs and salamanders
- Guinea Pigs
- Small Rodents like Hamsters, Gerbils, and Rats
- Sugar Gliders
- Call ahead of time for special instructions on how to bring your fish in to see us
Don’t see your pet on the list?
If you have a unique pet that isn’t on this list, just call us and ask! We’ll let you know if we can see them here, or give you the name of another trusted veterinarian we can refer you to.
Get started today by giving us a call at 941-312-7035, and we’ll schedule you with a veterinarian who loves seeing all different kinds of pets.
We look forward to meeting you and your furry (or feathery, or scaly) family member soon!
If you find an injured wild animal (such as a songbird or turtle), please give us a call. We can care for them and then release them back into the wild.
Note: We can only accommodate certain small species of wildlife, so please call ahead of time to be sure we can accept the animal that you’ve found. Unfortunately, we also cannot accommodate species that are known to carry rabies, such as raccoons and foxes.